Beauty, Caila's Favorites, Makeup

Current favorite highlighters

Since my last post featured an illuminated skin makeup look, I figured I’d share with you my current favorite highlighters!

L’Oreal Magic Lumi Primer | This was featured in my 2014 favorites. I really was not expecting to love this product, but it’s become a staple in my routine. It gives the skin a dewy look and provides an excellent base for foundation. I prefer to use it as a primer, but you can also mix it with your foundation or use it as a highlighter on the tops of your cheeks and other high points. I’m not sure if I’ll continue to use this in summer, but I think it’s an amazing product for winter to prevent dull-looking skin.

Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer | I got this product with the Josie Maran Winter Dreams Argan Color Collection from Sephora (no longer available). I ended up splitting the set up and keeping this and two of the other products for myself. I’ve been mixing this with my foundation every day lately, and I love the glow it gives. This may be too much “glow” for some people; I think it has some noticeable sparkle in it, but I can only see it when I’m up really close to a mirror. If I really want to go all out, I put more of this on top of my cheekbones.

Benefit Watt’s Up | As far as plain ol’ highlighters go, this may be my all-time favorite. If you couldn’t already tell, I prefer cream highlighting products to powder ones. I feel like they look more natural (I’m looking at you Mary Lou-Manizer). Watt’s Up gives such a gorgeous, natural looking light to your face that I feel can’t be beat with any of my other highlighters. Check out this post to see it in action.

What are your favorite highlighters?

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Reply georginamonckton January 19, 2015 at 11:44 am

I really like Lโ€™Oreal’s Lumi highlighting concealer and now I want to use the primer too! Great post ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Caila January 19, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Thanks! I like the highlighting concealer too, but I think my dark circles are a bit too intense for it to cover them up completely ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply anabelsbeautytalk January 19, 2015 at 3:27 pm

I got the watt’s up! mini in a sephora birthday gift, but it didn’t so anything for me. I eventually threw it away since it had just been sitting there for too long (and somewhat used from my attempts to make it work). I much prefer benefit’s high beam, it’s much more illuminating.

• Reply Caila January 19, 2015 at 3:34 pm

I have both, and I agree, High Beam is way more intense! I like High Beam when I’m wearing cooler eye looks/lip colors and Watt’s Up to go with warmer colors.

• Reply cellardoor2014 January 19, 2015 at 10:26 pm

I love all of these! Im finding it difficult lately to not wear all the highlighters at once ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Kendel Seigler January 20, 2015 at 4:48 pm

I find the Magic Lumi primer a little sticky/hard to work with as a primer, but I do like it for highlighting the cheekbones just above where I apply my blush. I almost bought that Josie Maran kit but I didn’t think I would like the highlighter. Now I wish I had gotten it!! I’m into dewy skin more than I ever was, so I’m on the hunt for those perfect illuminating products.

• Reply Caila January 20, 2015 at 5:01 pm

I agree the Magic Lumi primer is not for everyone. My skin has been soooooo crazy dry the past few months though, so I find it works well for me. I think highlighters are tricky in general. For example the Mary Lou-Manizer…everyone and their mother is in love with it, but I’m not crazy about it at all!