Beauty, Makeup

Everyday makeup look: Illuminated skin and winged liner

This has been one of my go-to looks recently. Since it’s winter, I’ve been trying to stave off dull skin by throwing basically every illuminating product I own onto my face.

I’ve also made an unofficial New Year’s resolution to try to perfect winged eyeliner this year. Winged liner and bold lip colors scare me to death, so I’m trying to take steps to become more comfortable with them. I think I’ve already gone out with winged liner more times this year than I did all of last year! Go me!

If I were to change anything about this look, it would be to add a satin eyeshadow and inner corner highlight to my eyes.

What illuminating products have you been loving?

Products Used:

Face:

L’Oreal Magic Lumi Primer

L’Oreal True Match Foundation – “N2 Classic Ivory” mixed with Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer

Bobbi Brown Corrector – “Light Peach” under eyes

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – “Fair” on blemishes/redness

L’Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter under eyes

NYX Blush – “Taupe” to contour

NYX Blush – “Desert Rose” on cheeks

Brows:

Anastasia Brow Wiz – “Dark Brown”

Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion

Smashbox On the Rocks Palette – “Sable”, “Pastel”, and “Snow”

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner – “Intense Black”

Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil – “Obsidian” to tightline

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara Waterproof

Lips:

Stila Lip Glaze – “Apricot”

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Reply cellardoor2014 January 13, 2015 at 9:59 pm

I love how youve done your liner here, not too extreme of a wing. It makes me think maube winged liner isnt too intimidating to try ๐Ÿ™‚

I have been all about highlighters lately! I just got a Laura Mercier one that ive been loving, and i adore hard candy’s “bronzer” in tiki, or becca’s highlighter in moonstoneโ€ฆi may have a problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Lovely post as always!

• Reply Caila January 13, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve always been super afraid of winged liner. My only advice is to practice! I’m still experimenting with the shape/angle of mine to see what looks best.

I have a Becca shimmering skin perfecter I haven’t used in a while. I’ll have to dust it off! Thanks for the other recs! I’m so into all types of highlighters lately ๐Ÿ˜€

• Reply elevenbuttercups January 13, 2015 at 11:36 pm

Love this look! Simple yet gorgeous.

• Reply madeupkayla January 14, 2015 at 1:23 am

Absolutely love this look! Would you mind checking my blog out? x

• Reply V January 14, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Pretty look. I love the subtle wing

• Reply Caila January 14, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply cMw January 15, 2015 at 12:56 am

How do you like the Bobbi Brown concealer? I have really dark circles.

• Reply Caila January 15, 2015 at 10:21 am

I love it! I think it does a great job of canceling out blue/purple under eye circles. However, you do have to set it with powder, and/or use another concealer on top of it because it will crease if you have fine lines.

• Reply Kendel Seigler January 20, 2015 at 4:50 pm

This look is just so perfect and effortless looking. And your liner is on point. Can I have your face?