Beauty

On the hunt for a new eyelash curler

eyelashcurler

Confession time: I use a Sally Hansen eyelash curler that was probably less than $5 at the drugstore. A while ago, I decided I needed a new one because the Sally Hansen one doesn’t do a great job at curling my outer lashes. I felt fairly confident that the right way to go was with the Japonesque curler, since everyone from Essiebutton to Anna swore by it.

Unfortunately, even from the first time I used it, I knew it wasn’t for me. It crimped my lashes in the middle instead of curling them near the roots, and the weirdest part is, it would inexplicably leave several lashes sticking straight down. I’ve tried and tried, being extra careful, and still, I get these random few lashes sticking down. What’s up with that, seriously?

So, I’m taking any and all recommendations. Should I go with Shu Uemura? Or is there a different brand out there I haven’t heard of? I’m desperate!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Reply beautyandmi November 2, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I’ve heard a lot of great things about the Shu Uemura ones! Really want to try them! I definitely can beat your confession – I use Primark eyelash curlers that were somewhere between Β£1-Β£2 and honestly, I think they’re really good! x

• Reply Caila November 2, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Haha wow, you definitely have me beat! I think the Sally Hansen ones I use are fine, but I always have a pesky itch to see if there’s something better!

• Reply tomboyprincesscharm November 2, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I’ve been using Revlon for years and am in the same boat!

• Reply Karen Rees November 2, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Hi Caila, I’ve only recently started using eyelash curlers regularly and I have to agree with beautyandmi – the primark ones are actually really impressive for the money! Personally though I’d go with the Shu Uemura as I’ve heard such great things about them, however check out the Tweezerman deluxe curlers as they’re also getting great reviews too! πŸ™‚ Karen x

• Reply Caila November 2, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Thank you Karen! I think I’m probably going to go with Shu Uemura. The tweezerman ones sound great too! I didnt know they did eyelash curlers. I’m in the US, so primark isn’t an option, although I’ll check them out when I go to London next year πŸ™‚

• Reply Karen Rees November 2, 2014 at 3:18 pm

So welcome πŸ™‚ That sounds a pretty safe bet to be honest, I’m sure you’ll be just as impressed as others who have bought them! Yes, def worthwhile popping into Primark when you visit London next year to stock up on a few handy products that are great value for such little money πŸ™‚ K x

• Reply Kendel Seigler November 2, 2014 at 2:08 pm

I LOVE my Shu Uemera eyelash curler. But I’ve heard Shisedo is also amazing. I’d go with one of those…or both! πŸ˜‰

• Reply Caila November 2, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I may just get both…for research purposes πŸ˜‰

• Reply MK November 13, 2014 at 11:22 am

The Shu U is great! I found one for $10 at a DF & Co outlet a couple years ago. I warm it a bit with a blow dryer (just a couple seconds so it doesn’t burn), and open and close it as I go up the eyelashes. Works wonders!