Beauty, Nails

The Essie nail polish that finally impressed me

essieperfectcoverup

I’ve talked about my dislike of Essie nail polishes before, but the beauty world’s undying love for them makes it really, really difficult to ignore them in the drugstore day after day. It’s especially difficult when they have arguably the best color selection out there. So naturally, I caved.

“The Perfect Cover Up” (part of Essie’s Fall 2014 collection) immediately stood out to me. It’s a really unusual color, and it’s unlike anything else I own. I was having trouble describing the color. Dark gray/teal was the best I came up with, so I looked up the description on Essie’s website and they describe it as “Intriguing gray weaved with teal undertones”. Not too shabby!

Aside from the beautiful color, I was instantly impressed with the formula. It’s incredibly opaque. I only applied one coat, and it looked absolutely flawless! I will say, I’m not completely won over because the nail on my ring finger on my right hand chipped after only 12 hours of wear, but it’s so much better than the other two Essie polishes I’ve tried, that I’m willing to look past it.

I will definitely be wearing this throughout autumn and winter. There’s something very Christmas-y and wintery about it. It reminds me of evergreens.

What do you think of the color? Are there any other Essie colors I NEED to try?

Also, I’d love it if you took a moment to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin!

Thanks for reading!

xo Caila

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Reply Kendel Seigler October 15, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Essie polishes are kind of temperamental. The formulas aren’t very consistent, but there are LOTS of amazing polishes by them. My faves are First Timer, Sable Collar, Bahama Mama, and Truth or Flare

• Reply Caila October 15, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Yes I think the inconsistencies are what really bothers me about them. I’ll make sure to pick up your recs soon!

• Reply anaesrout01 October 15, 2014 at 2:34 pm

There are two Essie polishes that I recently purchased. One was “For the Twill of It”, and the other was “Mojito Madness”. I got the first one because I loved the way it looked in the bottle. The second one was interesting, too…but mostly, I got it because JessFace90 (on YouTube) said it reminded her of the straws from Starbucks. ^-^!

Anyhow, I hope you consider taking a look at the colors I mentioned. 🙂
    Have a great day! <3

• Reply Caila October 15, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Thank you! I’ll check them out soon!

• Reply prettyloved October 15, 2014 at 2:52 pm

I have this exact color and love it 🙂 Beautiful color and great for all occasions 🙂

• Reply Caila October 15, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Yep, I’m obsessed with the color!

• Reply Maja Estelle October 16, 2014 at 4:04 am

Super nice color! I also really recommend Meet Me At Sunset as that stays on my nails for at least a week without any major chips. I’ve recently given it to my mother and she was very impressed as well. Maybe if you’re in the market for an orange-toned red you should give this a try 🙂
    X

• Reply annie October 17, 2014 at 4:49 am

oh yes, that colour is something i’d enjoy too 🙂 so nice!

• Reply Essie Leggy Legend | Everything Caila September 8, 2015 at 11:20 am

[…] all about weird nail polish colors. My last nail polish post also featured an atypical shade from Essie. If possible, I think I like this one even more! I […]